SummerQuest: Read, Explore, and Earn Awesome Prizes!
- Register for SummerQuest online starting May 15!
- Pick up your Oceans of Possibilities packet starting June 1.
- Enjoy our Kickoff Events June 4 starting at 10am at 3 locations.
Discover Oceans of Possibilities
SummerQuest is York County Libraries’ version of a summer reading program–but it’s so much more! We offer kids and teens tons of ways to stay active in mind and body all summer long. We host free, fun activities that keep everyone learning, reading, and physically active from June to August. Each year, the theme and special events change.
Dive into an Ocean of Possibilities this summer with the York County Libraries SummerQuest Challenge. Did you know that the single best way to prepare for the upcoming school year is by reading over the summer? Children lose as much as 30% of the knowledge gained during the school year over summer break (2017, Brookings). Stay engaged in learning, enjoy the summer, and stop summer learning loss with SummerQuest. Explore new depths by attending programs at all 13 York County Libraries locations.
Kids & Teens: Take the SummerQuest 800 Minute Challenge!
Log 800 minutes by reading, attending programs, completing activities and doing GO York hikes. Use the Beanstack app or website to log all your minutes and earn prizes for every 200 minutes logged.
Join the Challenge & Track Your Minutes
Beanstack is a super-useful, super-easy app to record all your activities, events, and reading this summer. To win any of our big prizes, be sure to log your reading minutes!
You can download a printable tracking sheet or log your minutes in our digital tracking service, Beanstack.
Minutes can be counted for any of the following activities:
- Reading OR listening to a book, eBook, or audio book
- Attending library programs and events*
- Completing Activities on Beanstack*
- Taking on one of the GO York! walks*
*All of these activities count as 20 minutes each!
York County Libraries SummerQuest Prizes
Pick up your prizes starting July 1. Kids ages 3 – 11 get brag tags at registration and 200, 400, 600 & 800 minutes!
- YCL Oceans of Possibilities packet
- GO York Booklet & Rubbing Sheet
- FREE pass to Roll ‘R’ Way
- FREE dessert coupon to Chick-Fil-A
- Raffle ticket for a FREE Telescope from York Astronomical Society
- Raffle ticket for a Family 4-Pack Pass to Susquehanna Folk Festival
- FREE admission ticket to York State Fair
- FREE kid’s meal or BOGO coupon for Isaac’s Deli
- Raffle ticket for a Family 4-Pack Pass to Northern Central Railway
- FREE admission ticket to Lake Tobias Wildlife Park
- FREE admission ticket to Maize Quest
- Raffle ticket for a Family 4-Pack Pass to ZooAmerica
- FREE New Book
- FREE entry to the York Revolution game on August 21
- Raffle ticket for chance to throw out first pitch at York Revolution game, August 21. Entry deadline August 7.
Get Outdoors (GO) York!
Pick up your GO York booklet and rubbing sheets after registering for SummerQuest. Ranging from easy to difficult, there are 30 total hikes in parks throughout York County. Explore and find each of the hidden posts and log the code in the “Dive Deep” Beanstack challenge for GO York prizes. Join the GO York Facebook group for updates and info. Get Outdoors York is facilitated by our partner, Wellspan Health.
Thank you to our partners!
Annually, many local businesses donate prizes and offer financial support to York County Libraries’ SummerQuest. They help us encourage kids to keep reading and to stay active over the summer months.
Thank yous are due to the generous support of our Platinum Level Partner, The York Water Company. Additional support is offered by our partners WellSpan Health and The GIANT Company.
Their generous support allows us to offer SummerQuest programs free of cost to participants.